Betty Bones carries affordable fashion jewelry that will last nicely if taken care of properly.
Do not wear your jewelry in water, in humid conditions, or during intense physical activity. Try not to sleep in your jewelry either.
Keep your jewelry pieces separate from eachother. Mixing metals will scuff and brass/dull them.
Hanging from a hook or in it's own compartment/box is ideal storage.
- Alloy is an non-precious metal and is capable of brassing. Even when not exposed to water, the oils of your skin may cause brassing.
- Gold-plated means the metal used (alloy or brass etc) has been thinly covered with real gold- about a 3mil layer.
- Gold-plated chains will not turn your skin green.
- Gold-filled is a thick (about 25mil) solid layer of quality gold heat bonded onto internal semi-precious metals by an advanced mechanical process. It is not solid gold, but it is higher quality than gold-plated.
- Stainless Steel: Clean with a soft cloth + vinegar. Shine with baby or vegetable oil.
- Aluminum does not rust or corrode in moist conditions, but will oxidize. Its surface is protected by a natural layer of aluminum oxide. This prevents the metal below from coming into contact with air and oxygen, preventing corrosion.
Each pieces' pricing reflects it's metal quality
It is up to you to maintain your jewelry's appearance. We are not responsible for replacing tarnished items.